Recently (though not so recent, as it has been a five year and running pattern), I've been having trouble falling asleep before 6 am, and given my number of failed attempts (reading a boring book which is usually a book assigned later in the year for class, watching mind numbingly agonizing reality shows, etc.) I've decided to just give up and not sleep at all. Tammy mentioned that I should entertain the thought of forcing myself to wake up early or running. Neither of these things are an option for me though quite honestly, I'll take that three mile run over waking up early any day (and that's not an exaggeration given how must people already know how much I hate running).
As our common room is currently occupied, and campus facilities don't open until 8 or 9 am, I have to find some way to stay up in my room until then, which--have you slept in my bed? If you have, you would know why I don't wake up. I just don't. I have already put on the clothes I plan to wear for the day, and have every intention of finishing my reading of Paris: The Capital of Modernity (I know, this is going to be a hard challenge). It isn't a good sign that I'm already nodding off as I am writing this. Oh no. Fading. Must. Fight... Sleep.....
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment