Tuesday, October 14, 2008

you can sling a lot of things-- shit being one of them

I was just thinking that my parents' failure to enforce a strict parental advisory code towards rated R movies (or to be perfectly honest, not having a parental advisory code at all) has led to some pretty twisted notions of sex, on my part at least. To give you some idea, these were some pretty notorious HK movie titles that regularly obsess with Chinese mafia life and the likes, ultimately resulting in kinky sex scenes and/or mutilation fantasies and... some very creative ways of fucking that I didn't quite understand until many health classes later... and even then, I had to look it up on the 'net to make sure that certain orifices are capable of such things. Wait, clarification: kinky does not equate with mutilation fantasies. Well, not always. You learn an awful lot reading Craigslist.

Also, I choose not to talk about men anymore because I don't feel anything towards them. We occupy the same breathing space. Occasionally we touch. It's not electricity. It's an accident that keeps happening over and over. So stop asking me about men in my life. When were there ever? You mean that fly in the window from yesteryear?

Country's in a recession (people still think war will mirror the economic boost of wars' past). Apparently "feminist" fits alongside Alaskan soccer moms and the lot of Freddy Macs and Franny Maes- those feminists and their binaries, you know? And it's not racism if you interrogate the credentials of a black presidential candidate, but do so with a (default) white female, and it's sexism (because that's top shelf in Republican concerns alongside women's right to choose and same-sex marriages). Seriously, can we just move to HK already and forget that the world is going to end before I bring up the courage to ask a woman out?

No comments: