This morning:
me: "Mom, I'd like to wear the Bodhisattva necklace we got from Thailand"
mom: "Don't. We're Christian now"
!
Ever since Hong Kong (or shall I say, from the moment my uncle Paul handed us Christian DVDs and onward), my mother has been pondering the message of God, or specifically Christ. I told her she can be into Jesus all she wants. I'll stick with my religion of bumming about and occasional meditation.
Every summer, I come up with insane plans about starting over, and romanticize it to the point of glory days and big accomplishments. All I manage is a one steps forward two steps back version of myself, a little bruised ego, and "Oh my God, where has my summer gone?" I really do need to get into the habit of scheduling things for me to do. Like learning to ride a bike? Or making the perfect mixed CD that will be the soundtrack of my love life, or more appropriately, notlove life. I'm going to clean my brother's room now. Bye!
Every summer, I come up with insane plans about starting over, and romanticize it to the point of glory days and big accomplishments. All I manage is a one steps forward two steps back version of myself, a little bruised ego, and "Oh my God, where has my summer gone?" I really do need to get into the habit of scheduling things for me to do. Like learning to ride a bike? Or making the perfect mixed CD that will be the soundtrack of my love life, or more appropriately, notlove life. I'm going to clean my brother's room now. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment