Today, sitting at the dentist's office, anxiously awaiting a brutal session while my mother's getting her teeth cleaned and my brother's wandering the room holding a Highlights mag:
This guy walks in, in his late thirties, possibly early forties, a teacher at a brother's old school's special ed program, and contrary to the popular comeons I've received- well I guess, I'm just shocked at the whole being talked to like a human not a piece of meat bit- I had some good conversation.
What's sexy is the wild idea that wanting to discuss something that is not the size of my breasts or my ethnicity. Or even to give me the biggest compliment at all- which is to say that seeing my autistic brother grow into the man he is today gives him tremendous faith towards the work that he is doing. And I mean, I guess also that I've never really understood the complexity of my brother's situation what with the stifled communication. And I'm not the best sister I know because I don't possess that patience what with that man's many bruises and multiple bite marks from aggressive autistic students. That realness is just, as inappropriate as it is to say in a situation where my entire family is in the same room, a huge fucking turn-on, and of course, my sick (or not so sick) affection for men over forty. I guess I'm just a little more than moved by the genuinity, and that I've finally met a male who understands completely what my brother means to me despite outward appearances.
[ edit ]
On second thought... might've just been your standard child predator. Not so sexy.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment