Because if I think about how hard I love,
it only makes sense
that when I do love anyone in that way
it will be phenomenal-
no one will love like I will love you
it only makes sense
that when I do love anyone in that way
it will be phenomenal-
no one will love like I will love you
A man of color (a brother in the struggle, a friend) called me beautiful today. Which will always hold the weight of ten times that of any white man. Because when he says beautiful he means beyond the physical (superficial ideals of beauty)- he means "I've seen you at your worst, your most vulnerable, even those times you've verbally slaughtered me mercilessly, and walked away with a hop and skip- even then, I love you". But I best remember, it's your sisters that have been there with you and back. And when they tell you "You are fabulous," you best believe there is no firmer truth than that. (OK, Kati? No more heteronormative emphasis on sources of validation).
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment