Saturday, February 07, 2009

sue! sue! (fight! fight!)

This might be the greatest or worst idea I've ever had, but two days ago I asked my roommate to speak to me in only Thai from now on so that I can use my Thai in a fully functional way. It's weird to think how one can easily get away with not speaking Thai on a daily basis as a part of this program, and perhaps it is one of its biggest flaws. Anyway, I am trying. Gee (my roomie), upon hearing that my Thai oral midterm is tomorrow, shouted, "Sue sue!" or "Fight! Fight!" (as I am saying this, I am pumping my fists in the air).

Anyway, although tomorrow is Sunday, it hasn't stopped CIEE from packing the day with activity after activity. My objectives for myself has doubled as time went on. Recently, I made a pact with my soul to express my political opinions more openly regardless of their possible reception. My other one is to have faith that ultimately my time here will amount to a positive transformation although that seems unlikely now.

These are the questions I plan on asking tomorrow:

koon bai rong plang ka-lee-oh-kee gup chun dai mai ka?
(Will you sing karaoke with me?)
dai dee young, koon me arai ka?
(What is under your bed?)
koon rong plang gup den nai hong naam mai ka?
(Do you sing and dance in the bathroom?)

3 comments:

alex_nyc_01 said...

seriously. it's a phrase i will just have to use every day in my life. "koon rong gup den nai hong naam mai ka" just so useful! watch out, imma gonna astound you with my thai!

<3333333

alex_nyc_01 said...

dude. one of the phrases i'll use most in my life. "koon rong plang gup den nai hong naam mai ka?" honestly, you better watch out because i'm going to astound you with my thai!

<333

alex_nyc_01 said...

i sort of commented twice...my bad. i didn't see you had to approve them. loooooooooooves you. man, your blog is super exclusive! i like it!