I swear to Gawd, I will! Seriously!
Dominic has created a genius comedic comparison of Buffy villains and current Democratic primary candidates which I am currently still guffawing over. He makes the geek of me go "whee!" Oh, how I wish I was smart enough to save our dissection of the prototypical (is that right?) Ron Paul supporter (trench coats, guns&knives mag subscribers, bad facial hair).
Why do I still mix up prodigy and protege? This is unfair.
ANYHOOT, the eve done gone and passed. Poor Dick Clark. Seriously.
This is pretty bad, but most of what I've done this break is hang out with Sarah Lawrence folk. Bad as in so much for lazy attempts at reconnecting with old friends. Also bad as in growing apathy for home life. Why? This space is too big. This neighborhood, too Pleasantville-y. For Christ's sake (sorry Jesus), this is NYC. Why are there residential suburbs?!
Okay, happy moment in time: Eating at Astoria Diner (I'm all about diners lately) with Rachel. Girl talk, omelettes, burgers, waffle fries and a whole lotta coffee. Also, $2 bag at Goodwill.
Still sad about: Loss of street cred with DWU after crying hysterically post threat by scary old man and his promise of "cane up [my] ass". If you haven't heard about it yet, you'll hear about it later. Also, canvassing in general. Seriously, don't ever do it if you don't have to. For social justice, I will. You know, sometimes these things are bigger than you, and you just have to suck it up... right?
Otherwise, I am way behind everything. All my fault, of course. I predict a messy intro coming back from break. And then it'll all just be pie after.
Ah well, close your eyes, pray for warmer weather.
Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment