Monday, November 26, 2007

five more minutes, mom


I am dreaming right now. You can't tell. At this moment, I am evaporating in light. When I open my eyes, I'll be dragged right back to the cat's mess.

I don't own a cat.

Hey, maybe I will save up for an electric violin. But minus a music third, no place to practice on campus. And then, what about winter break's plan to take up the guitar? Wait. What?

Ughhh, the slacker in me will not let me get back to Suburban Sweatshops. I really, really want to play but being an adult won't let me. I'm torn between failing college and a really self-indulgent teen novel.

I woke up today after the longest dream ever. Uhh I can't talk about it. It's too embarrassing. It involved a cantaloupe very briefly. I already said too much.

My head is on a field somewhere, peeling down dandelions and watching ants crawl up on my knuckles. "Blue Danube" is playing on pipes. Look! A mermaid. Flying mermaid. Santa? Ahh...!

No comments: